Our monthly e-mail newsletters give you the latest info on our projects and other wildlife-related issues around the Salish Sea.
If you haven't already done so, please sign up for the mailing list using the form at the top of the page. You might also want to check out our archive of Wildlife Posts, our quarterly research update.
- May 2013 - Recovering abalone, taking science from knowledge to action, 3 reasons to GiveBIG on May 15, recent science presentations on grebes, stranded killer whales, thermal imaging and parasites in harbor seals, videos of dolphins and fish lectures, science advisor spotlight on Dr. Martin Haulena.
- April 2013 - Map of the Month: Geology drives biology, science advisor spotlight on Dr. Gary Greene, Rockfish Recompression video, Islanders Bank support, 2014 Salish Sea Conference.
- March 2013 - Joe Gaydos at Town Hall Seattle, understudied harbor porpoises, killer whale csi, Wildlife Health Center moves, meet Dr. Joanna Smith, former intern wins science prize.
- February 2013 - Surf Scoter food web research, ocean acidification research implicates atmospheric carbon, rockfish symposium proceedings published, Audrey Benedict and Kevin Campion are new board members, Janna Nichols is awesome, Doug Charles wins a wine award.
- January 2013 - Earthquake and rockfish habitat maps, new project with volunteer SCUBA divers doing science, Joe retires from leading the PSP Science Panel, Islanders Bank support SeaDoc.
- December 2012 - Big challenge for end of year giving, video of dolphins in Eastsound, board changes, recreational fishing gear.
- November 2012 - Bird declines, deadly ratfish, historic tsunamis, award for Joe.
- October 2012 - Rockfish and seal results published, recreational surf smelt harvest, Encyclopedia of Puget Sound, benefits of ecosystem restoration video.
- September 2012 - Bottlenose Dolphin research, New SeaDoc fans from Lockerz.com, Ocean Frontiers, Map of the Month: 44,556,805 tiny fish in a big sand wave field.
- August 2012 - Infrared photography and seal pups, auction recap, Molly B christening, sooty shearwater, 2012 lecture series.
- July 2012 - Surf Smelt project, interns are here, Mojo almost in Alaska, Molly B on the water
- June 2012 - Tracking Mojo, new Science Advisor, auction trip, harbor seal research, more...
- May 2012 - Two new staff members, Seafloor Habitat Mapping, July auction will be bigger than ever, great month for SeaDoc in the news.
- April 2012 - Little forage fish make big news, Sandy the Seal dies in derelict fishing gear, Western Grebe data collection ends, vet student extern.
- March 2012 - Wildlife CSI investigates Killer Whale death, Salish Sea sound bites, marine bird project update, interns hired, new project on edible seaweed in the works, Bears to Barnacles talk.
- February 2012 - Exploding Whales, GeoHab Seafloor Mapping Conference, New Seal Tracked, Citizen Science with COASST Program.
- January 2012 - Comments needed on Puget Sound Partnership Action Agenda & Science Plan, report on invasive tunicates, fish project funded, end of year giving report, Feathers marine science lecture video up.
- December 2011 - Nudibranch lecture is on website, Puget Sound Science Review is online, Octopus shirts support SeaDoc, Legacy giving, Abalone research published, harbor porpoise strandings, make an end of year gift, book review.
- November 2011 - Salish Sea Science Prize awarded, Species of Concern Almost Double, Ron McDowell Honored by UC Davis, Harbor Seal Ringtone, Abalone Funding from NOAA, Western Grebe Tracking: Complete Migration Cycle, Science Panel Update.
- October 2011 - Marine Lecture Series starts with Nudibranchs, new dean at Vet School, what's next for rockfish, understanding place-based conservation, Action Agenda update, learn about Puget Sound watersheds, United Nations One-Health task force.
- September 2011 - Salish Sea Conference, Wildlife Disease Association meeting, Interns make a splash, honoring donors, Marine Lecture Series starting soon.
- August 2011 - Nesting puffins, migrating western grebe, Wine 'n' Sea Auction recap, seal study preliminary results.
- July 2011 - Auction details, rockfish recovery workshop recap, Thor Hansen's new book, summer interns, SeaDoc in the news.
- June 2011 - Rockfish workshop announcement, Salish Sea Science Prize nominations due, the gory side of science (necropsies), thank you to Kathy Fletcher, derelict gear reporting line.
- May 2011 - SeaDoc loses a founder, progress on Pacific White-Sided Dolphin study, tracking killer whale strandings in the North Pacific Ocean, understanding differences between blood values for foraging and nesting leatherback turtles.
- April 2011 - Octopus Award to Dean Bennie Osburn, Kit Rawson joins SeaDoc board, Dolphin Charters trip in September, SeaDoc supporters visit mountain gorillas, button project.
- March 2011 - Forage fish workshop organized by SeaDoc and Northwest Straits Commission, underwater movie on KIRO7, board member Senator Ranker appointed to White House committee on oceans, help save pinto abalone.
- February 2011 - About the Wildlife Health Center, SeaDoc goes to Olympia, new funding for derelict gear removal.
- January 2011 - New technique for Western Grebe transmitter surgery, Joe T. joins staff, end of year campaign success, planning for the future, eagle predation impacts.
- December 2010 - Thor Hansen will write Tufted Puffin status review, join the Christmas bird count, SeaDoc trains scientists in Western Grebe capture techniques and sea survey techniques for marine birds, comic relief from Senator Ranker.
- November 2010 - Salmonella can kill killer whales; SeaDoc challenges scientists to get involved in educating the public; updates on seal study, eel grass study and marine bird decline project. Plus front page coverage of seal tracking study.
- October 2010 - Population study of Pacific White-Sided Dolphins, track a seal, disease in Hawaiian monk seals, SeaDoc in Yellowstone?
- September 2010 - Scoter bag limits changed thanks to SeaDoc study, refuges are improving conservation, SeaDoc presents at the first World Seabird Conference, Clark's grebe added to species of concern list, summer interns depart, Ded Reckoning wine benefits SeaDoc.
- August 2010 - Marine bird decline project launched, SeaDoc gets funding to study marine mammal strandings and disease, harbor seal rehabilitation study, fish ID adventure, auction success.
- July 2010 - Results from our stranding studies, interns at work, funding secured for Tufted Puffin status review, integrating research from around the world into Salish Sea recovery, Joe Gaydos presents research at a conference in Argentina.
- June 2010 - Puffin status review needs donors, loss of Molly Bailey, eelgrass study update, Octopus Award goes to Compass Wines, SeaDoc in the news.
- May 2010 - 3 rockfish species listed under Endangered Species Act, Dan Martin hired for eelgrass disease study, become a wildlifer.
- April 2010 - Importance of the humble eulachon, research from a decade of maine mammal strandings, Terrie Klinger wins prestigious award, why SeaDoc is a REEF field station.
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010